These maps and plans show water power facilities and water storage areas along many of Maine's rivers. They primarily range in date from 1909-1913 and 1919-1925.
The Water Storage commission was created in 1909 by P.L. 212 and was charged with collecting information relating to the water power of the State, the flow of rivers, and their drainage areas. It was also empowered to improve the natural storage areas of the State and create new storage. The Governor was the chair of the Commission, which included the Land Agent and three other appointed members. The Commission was abolished and the records and functions were absorbed by the newly established Public Utilities Commission in 1913 by P.L 130. In 1919 the Water Power Commission was established and the functions transferred to that body, before being returned again to the Water Resources Division of the Public Utilities Commission.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.