Winslow Historical Preservation Committee
Image likely dates from late 1940s or early 1950s. In 1953, the name on the building changed to reflect that it was a division of Scott Paper Company. Scott Paper Company sold the mill in 1995 to Kimberly Clark. Two years later, the company shut the mill down.
Photo contributed by Jack Nivison. Jack's father, John Campbell Nivison, and grandfather, John Alexander Nivison, worked at the mill. John Alexander Nivison was a paper maker in Scotland before immigrating to the United States in 1904.
Exact Creation Date
Kennebec County; Winslow
Maine; Winslow; Paper Mills
No Copyright - United States. URI: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/
The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.