David Larrabee Collection
1890c MEC Ferry City of Rockland at Bath 002
The City of Rockland was built for the Knox and Lincoln RR in 1872 & operated as the sole railroad ferry linking Bath and Woolwich across the Kennebec River until 1886. Later in the MEC era a point in mid river be MP38 the later Rockland Branch. The K&L was leased to the MEC in 1891. Ferry service was discontinued with the opening of the Carlton Bridge in the Fall of 1927. /DL
Broad Creation Date
City of Rockland; K&L; Knox and Lincoln; Ferry; MEC; Maine Central; Kennebec River; Rockland Branch
No Copyright - United States. URI: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/
The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.